Friday, July 9, 2010

Blast from the Past: Big Mean Pink Alice-Bow

There really isn't much to say about this monster, other than... what the crap was I thinking?! I mean... it's shaped really funny. It wasn't the fact that I had no idea what I was doing, it was the fact that my head wasn't on straight and that I had very little experience with a sewing machine. I also used satin ribbon. While there isn't anything wrong with that... I should have sewn the ribbon onto the pink fabric. I think I had a good idea going on here, but at least now I know how to learn from this. I tried again with a different one, it was plain, but only because I was planning on just testing out this Alice Bow tutorial.

I didn't use interfacing like I should have, because I didn't have any. But now I REALLY know the importance of using that, and ironing. I had an iron, but I didn't want to iron it yet, since it wasn't really 'done' yet. (It's actually just pinned together, ha ha ha...)
Here I am wearing the thing. It's just sitting on my head, as it's still just pinned together. I think I made this about a year and a half ago. When I was living in a townhouse. (As a matter of fact, I still have this bow, and I don't plan on finishing it. Maybe I'll salvage the fabric and make th e bow A LOT smaller.)

Maybe it doesn't look right because I

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...