Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Blast from the Past: Brittany's Old Lolita Things

I thought I'd start out with something from my past... very embarrassing at times, but just too fun not to share anyway...

Well, about a few years ago, 2007 to be exact, I thought it would be great if I made my own lolita items. So, I chose to make rectangle headdresses from scratch. I thought it would be easy, yet I knew nothing about the basics of sewing. I had hand sewn these two (and eventually, several others) 'headresses' using just one piece of fabric, the wrong types of lace (also wrongly placed) and some satin ribbons, which weren't long enough to be tied successfully under my chin. But for some reason, I thought it was right, and I ended up liking them, not really noticing just what I've done. Ha ha ha.

Several months later, I found out just how horrible they were, and tossed them all out. I vowed to study more on the fashion and sewing together. So that I could make something correctly, and that looks nice. (I also had made some pieces of jewelry, but I'll save those for another post.)

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure I have some poorly handsewn headdresses from the old days stored away somewhere too XD Making bad headdresses is like a Lolita rite of passage almost!

    Nice blog so far! You should add a follower button on the side, I'd really like to follow but I don't know how without one. Thanks for the link by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! Sorry about that! D: I added it back, because I figured no one would read this. xD I'm about ready to baleete the 'princess lessons and challenges' thing because then... It's a very bad idea. I can see it now... Best if I just get on with it and just post how I feel about lolita fashion until I get off my dead weight and actually earn some cash for my wardrobe. xD

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...